Performance Training at Spooky Nook Sports
Sports performance training is different from your typical trip to the gym. Instead of working out to look fit and stay healthy, you work out to perform at a certain level for a specific sport. Our sports performance training programs are specially designed to help you demolish your goals, learn new skills and shatter your personal records.
Every movement, exercise and stretch we use during training is designed to enhance your athletic abilities, pack more power into your personal talents and strengthen areas of weakness. Keep reading to discover the benefits of sports performance training and how it's different from conventional workouts.
"Spooky Nook Sports Performance provides each client with an incredible training experience through the most evidence based strength and conditioning strategies in an environment of cooperation and cultivation."
Just as this quote points out, performance training focuses on evidence-based strength and conditioning strategies. While conventional conditioning emphasizes body transformation and muscle building, sports performance training focuses on the following four main elements.
1. Enhancing Explosive Movements, Reaction Times, Speed and Agility
Sports performance training focuses on increasing the power behind your every move as well as improving your reaction times, speed and agility. Our sports performance training programs encourage exercises in the different planes of motion. We'll have you moving sideways (frontal), forward (sagittal) and backward (transverse) to help you reach new levels of agility, speed, and power.
2. Using Training Designed With a Sport-Specific Goal in Mind
Sports performance programs are acutely designed to enhance an athlete's ability to execute when they're competing. Every aspect of training has a specific purpose, process, and result. We maximize every energy input to yield the greatest final output. Whether you're trying to up your hurdle game for track or increase your speed for soccer, our trainers will work with you to set achievable goals.
Sports performance training uses less static stretching and more dynamic stretching, which means more moving around. Instead of holding a stretch for 20 seconds, you may be doing high jumps and triple flexion motions, such as twisting a medicine ball side to side.
4. Preventing Injuries
Injuries are the worst possible outcome in the world of sports. That's why sports performance training programs are built to prevent them. Shoulder pain and knee, back, ankle and elbow injuries are all avoidable with the right training, coaching and techniques.
Benefits of Sports Performance Training
You can expect to take advantage of the following benefits with sports performance training:
- Customization: We offer sports performance training for individuals and teams, youth to adult. No matter where you are in your fitness journey, we'll work to create a training plan to help you reach your performance goals.
- Capitalizing on Potential: Our fitness experts at Spooky Nook Sports Performance Training will help you reach your highest potential physically and in your sport. There's never been a better time than now to push new limits and expand what's possible for your body to accomplish.
- Speed and Strength: Through personalized training and programs, your speed and strength will develop and evolve.
- Injury Prevention: Our scientifically proven methods will keep your body agile, healthy and resistant to performance-based injuries.
- Nutrition and physical performance: At Spooky Nook Sports, we go beyond performance training by teaching our clients about the enormous role nutrition plays in physical performance.
What You'll Find at Spooky Nook Sports
Our sports performance center is fully equipped to accommodate your training needs. You’ll find plenty of equipment, a 60-yard sprint track and 30-yard by 10-yard turf field. Other training amenities utilized for athletic training include our 200M indoor track, indoor turf training hill and the outdoor sandpit.
When you visit our convenient location, you’ll see firsthand that we have the latest equipment and experienced trainers that are committed to helping people reach and surpass their fitness goals.
Whether you’re a professional athlete, you’re just getting started with a fitness plan or you fall somewhere in between, we can help you reach your goals. If you’re searching for sports performance facilities near Hershey, Lebanon, Lancaster, and Harrisburg, you won’t have to look beyond Spooky Nook Sports to find a location that’s equipped and staffed to help you take your performance to the next level. We're also family-friendly! On our grounds, you'll find a hotel, arcades, sports courts and an on-site restaurant.
Professional Athletes, contact us directly for training information at 717.618.8538.