As you may or may not have noticed, we installed a little bot on our website in 2018. Appearing in the bottom right corner of certain pages, NookBot is there to help with any questions you may have. If you haven't spotted him yet, here's what he looks like:
He tries his hardest to help our customers find the information they're looking for, but nobody's perfect. Sometimes he needs assistance from humans or some extra information from you to give an answer.
As a new baby bot (less than a year old!) he's still learning and evolving in his support role at Spooky Nook. And sometimes people aren't the nicest to him when they can't find what they're looking for. So, we wanted to defend our growing little bot and explain a bit about how he works in order to help all of those asking questions (and hopefully curb some frustration).
1. When you start a chat with NookBot, he'll first ask for your name. He may be a robot, but he's not a monster! He wants the conversation to be personal.
2. After he knows who you are, he'll ask for your email address. This helps us in 2 ways:
If you get disconnected mid-chat, we know how to reach you.
If NookBot needs some help answering your question, he can have one of his human teammates follow-up via email.
3. If a valid email is not provided, NookBot gets a little... well... confused. He's programmed to move onto the next step in your conversation after he gets an email. So, when this doesn't happen, it really bums him out.
4. After you provide an email and ask your question, a few things could happen:
If a human is online at that exact moment, the conversation gets passed to them and they'll chat with you from there.
If you ask a question NookBot knows the answer to, he'll let you know.
If NookBot doesn't know and all human team members are offline, he'll let you know that someone will follow-up via email the next time they're available. (This could take a little longer on nights and weekends, but we respond to all inquiries!)
We'll continue to teach our bot new things and have team members online more often. In the meantime, here are 12 times in 2018 that everything didn't quite go according to plan for NookBot.
1. This person who was clearly trying to channel their inner pirate.
2. This person who didn't get off on the right foot.
3. This person who was looking for a bit more assistance.
4. This person who just needed some alone time.
5. This person who just needed some yoga answers!!!!!!!!
6. This person who literally 'Thank U, next'-ed NookBot.
7. This person who drove a hard bargain.
8. THIS PERSON WHO REALLY LOVES CAPS LOCK.
9. This person who was almost appreciative.
10. This person who isn't a fan of robots.
11. This person who was weirded out for no reason.
12. And this person who probably won't appreciate being the butt of this joke.
12 People Who Were Fed Up With The NookBot In 2018