a Sense of Fair Play
Tryouts are open to everyone interested in playing for a Nook Volleyball team. Although a player’s skills are considered, each athlete that participates in tryouts has the same opportunity to be selected for any of our teams. Coaches will be looking for players that are dedicated and willing to put in maximum effort on and off the court. Team selection is based on the athlete’s skills, position, work ethic, leadership, coachability, and attitude. Every effort will be made to place each athlete on the most appropriate team. While prior volleyball experience helps, it is not required.
14U & Under
- October 29, 8:00am – 10:00am and 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- October 30, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- October 31, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
15U & Over
- November 12, 8:00am – 10:00am and 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- November 13, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- November 14, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
In club volleyball, age divisions are based upon the age of the athlete as of September 1, 2017 and not the current grade in school.
2018 Age Definition with Chart
The Nook Volleyball Academy offers three divisions: National (most competitive, travel program), Regional (competitive, less commitment and travel), and Local (shorter season).
Players serious about playing at the collegiate level should understand that college coaches would prefer you play a full season (Nov/Dec-June) especially during your high school years. A full season will better prepare you and potentially give you more opportunities to be seen and be recruited.
Beginning in 2016, USA Volleyball is shortening the season for SENIORS (Nov/Dec-April) so these athletes have more time to prepare (prom, graduation, precollege testing, college orientation, etc.) prior to leaving to begin their collegiate careers. Extensions of season will be available as requested.
Online Tryout Registration
All players must register for tryouts online. There is a one-time non-refundable $45 tryout fee. (If you are trying out more than once, only register one time and let our staff know at check-in that you will be attending multiple tryouts).
Register HERE. Under registration, choose “Programs, Camps, and Tournaments”. Choose “Youth Volleyball” at the bottom left. Choose “Academy”. Select the tryout date.
Registration/check-in begins thirty minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Your one-time tryout fee includes one complimentary t-shirt. It is important to wear the same t-shirt/number to all tryouts regardless of the date. We will identify you by the number on your Nook Nation shirt.
What to Bring to Your First Tryout
NVA strongly encourages you to attend all 3 tryouts. If you cannot attend the final tryout please contact our staff.
1. A copy of your on-line registration receipt for $45.
2. A copy of the Nook Waiver and Release of Liability Sheet. Print it out HERE.
3. A copy of your current USA Membership Card.*
4. We will ask you to have your athlete sized for the correct jersey, warm-up, and practice t-shirt. We will take their sizes and keep them on file.
*USA Volleyball/Keystone Region Membership Card
All players must be registered with USA Volleyball/Keystone Region prior to any club tryout. If the player registered with USA volleyball last season (with any club) their registration will be good for all tryouts through October 31, 2017. However, all players must renew their USA membership prior to November 1, 2017. Be sure to select Nook Volleyball Academy in the drop down menu. Players must present their USA membership card at check in. Please follow the instructions below to register with USA/Keystone Region.
Junior athletes should register with USA Volleyball/Keystone Region HERE.
Please note you will need your user name and password to access your account from last season. Double check your personal information for accuracy and update your account if necessary. If the system does not find your record, contact Keystone Region at 610-401-3362 M-F, 9am to 3pm.
What’s Next After Tryouts?
1. After tryouts, if your athlete has been selected, you will receive an email acknowledging your athlete has been selected to The Nook Volleyball Academy. This email will also give you instructions on how to complete your acceptance through the Keystone Region. This is time sensitive and must be completed within 96 hours of the receipt of the email.
2. After you accept your child’s position on the team and with our academy, you will need to make the down payment on tuition. This number will be determined by the emailed offer contract.