Spooky Nook Fencing Academy is THE place for fencing in South Central PA!
We are a United States Fencing Association (USFA) Affiliate Club with training designed for all levels of fencers. We offer group classes and private lessons for Beginners, Intermediates, and experienced fencers. Open bouting is available too!
Our USFA certified coaches have over 40 years of experience as fencers and coaches, and are committed to making this the finest fencing experience in the region! They are up to date on all background checks and Safe Sport training.
See below to learn about all that Nook Fencing has to offer!
- Next Beginner Class starts on October 2!
- Group class that meets for 2 months, Tuesdays and Fridays, 8-9pm.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of footwork and bladework used in fencing, as well as basic
- Designed for those with no previous fencing experience. Also appropriate for those seeking a
brush up on their skills after an absence from fencing.
- All fencing gear is provided.
- For more important information on our Beginner’s fencing classes, please contact the Director
of Fencing at firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest FAQ.
Intermediate Foil Class
- Group class that meets Sept-May every Tuesday and Friday 7-8pm. June-Aug: Meets Tuesdays
- Serves to build onto skills learned in the Beginner’s Class, as well as deepen the fencer’s use of
strategy and tactics.
- Participants have the opportunity to learn skills used in competitions.
- Intermediates are encouraged to stay for Open Bouting, after their class, 8-9pm, at no extra
- Intermediate fencers must have all of their own gear.
Intermediate Epee Class
- This is a group class for those with an intermediate to advanced level of experience with sabre.
- Class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7-8pm.
- Must have at least 1 year of consistent experience with sabre prior to joining.
- Must provide all of your own fencing gear, including a sabre in good and working order.
- Participants are encouraged to stay for Open Bouting after their class, 8-9pm, at no extra charge.
Immersion Classes for Sabre or Epee
- Immersion classes are designed for those with current fencing experience who would like to learn a new weapon.
- Each class meets for 4 weeks and teaches the fundamentals of sabre or epee.
- Fencers must provide all of their own fencing gear in good and working order.
- To learn more about these classes, contact the Director of Fencing at email@example.com.
Open Bouting, All Weapons
- Sept-May: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 7-9pm. June-Aug: Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- For experienced fencers during regularly scheduled class time.
- Participants must provide all of their own fencing gear in good and working order.
- Fencers aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Four Electric strips are provided.
Private Lessons, All Weapons
For Beginners with no experience, two starter packages are available:
- Four 60 minute lessons, or four 30 minute lessons.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of footwork and bladework used in fencing.
- Designed for those with no previous fencing experience.
- All fencing gear is provided.
For those with experience, two options are available:
- 60 minute lesson, or 30 minute lesson.
- Customized to the fencer’s skill level and goals.
- Fencer must provide all of their own gear.
Contact the Director of Fencing for fees, info, and to schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
AMENITIES OFFERED AT NOOK FENCING
We have numerous amenities for you: 4 electric strips, 3 practice strips, dedicated class area, wall
targets, point control targets, mirrors, agility ladder, and a quadricep slider. There is a browsing library
with many books and magazines on fencing. Parents can relax in an area just for them, and siblings can
catch up on homework. Parking is on site, ample, safe, and free. Parking passes are provided as needed.
Learn more about Fencing at the Nook Today
For more need-to-know info about fencing at Nook, please contact our Director of Fencing for an FAQ at email@example.com.