By The Youth Programming Staff
With winter (hopefully) drawing to an end, the staff at the Nook have set their eyes ahead to warmer temperatures and spring time sunshine. To aide in our pursuit of busting the winter blues, we have put together a list of springtime family events happening in our area for you to enjoy!
1. The Healthy Kids Running Series begins! The Healthy Kids Running Series is a series of age graded runs for kids in pre-K to middle school. The runs start on April 10, 2016 and continue for 5 consecutive Sundays and end on May 8. More information can be found on the series here.
2. Amish Mud Sales, running mid-February through early Spring. There is no better way to introduce your child to a true Lancaster County event! They are huge events, sometimes drawing as many as 20,000 people, where everything from hand-stitched quilts (donated by the Amish women's groups) and locally-made crafts to livestock, furniture, produce, baked goods, antiques, housewares, even the kitchen sink are all up for bid. Children will definitely enjoy seeing the livestock and having a Pennsylvania Dutch sticky bun! To see a list of dates and locations, go to discoverlancaster.com!
3. Fancy Nancy comes to the stage March 25-April 29. The Dutch Apple Dinner Theater will be hosting Fancy Nancy and her friends Bree, Rhonda, Wanda, and Lionel in their very first show! This show is perfect for the kiddos who have read the Fancy Nancy book and who have big imaginations. It is also a great introduction to the world of theater. Get your tickets here.
4. North Rocks: North Museum Gem, Mineral, Fossil and Jewelry Show, held April 16-17. This kid-friendly show will feature hands-on children’s activities and educational demonstrations! Great for the little ones who like to dig and explore. Learn more here.
5. Mother’s Day Truck Convoy & Family Fun Day, held on May 8th. Located at Burle Business Park, this celebration will attempt to set a Guinness World Record for the World’s Longest Truck Convoy! The event will also have a kid’s carnival area full of fun games & delicious food options. This event benefits Make a Wish of Philadelphia, Northern Delaware & the Susquehanna Valley. Learn more here.